Curriculum & Course Dates – School of Leaders
8. Leaders:The goal of School of Leaders is to train leaders for our movement. So, we will dive into team formation, team responsibilities and coordinator responsibilities. We will also review some of our post-Cursillo responsibilities to the candidates. November 14 & 23, 2019.
- 1. Come Holy Spirit: Explore the roll that the Holy Spirit plays in guiding our lives and the Cursillo Movement. January 9 & 18, 2020
- 2. Piety, Study and Action: These are the basic tenants of Cursillo and in this program, we take a look at how the weekend and our 4th Day revolve around these key elements. March 12 & 21, 2020
- 3. How to Write a Great Talk: The talks (or Rollos) are the center of the Cursillo weekend and all activity flows from these short courses. We review the progression of talks, how they flow and the key points that must be covered. Then, we take a look at some fundamental principles of writing a great talk. April 30 & May 9, 2020
- 4. How to Deliver a Great Talk: Once we’ve written our talk we are ready to deliver it to the team and candidates. In this session, we briefly review elements of writing a great talk then launch into basic key principles of preparing and delivering a great talk. July 9 & 18, 2020
- 5. Lord, Teach me to Pray: Prayer is fundamental to our Christian Life and on the weekend, prayer is part of everything we do. So, we will explore some of the theology of why we pray and discuss methods for improving our prayer life. Provided the Church is available, we will end with a short Eucharistic Adoration. September 10 & 19, 2020
- 6. Make a Friend, Be A Friend, Bring a Friend to Christ: In this session, we will dive into the responsibility of sponsorship, identifying candidates that may be called to make their Cursillo and how to approach and follow-up with candidates in the hope of bringing them closer to Christ through Cursillo. November 12 & 21, 2020
- 7. Cursillista Beyond Cursillo: The joy of living out our 4th Day and evangelizing our environments is part of our responsibility as Cursillistas. We will take a look at strategies to enhance our 4th Day and explore ways to improve our prayer group and Ultreya experience. January 14 & 23, 2020
- 8. Leaders: The goal of School of Leaders is to train leaders for our movement. So, we will dive into team formation, team responsibilities and coordinator responsibilities. We will also review some of our post-Cursillo responsibilities to the candidates. March 11 & 20, 2021
All Classes held at Blessed Sacrament – Parish Center. 2409 Dixie Hwy. Ft. Mitchell, KY. Park behind school building then proceed around the left side of the building. As you travel down a short ramp, Parish Center will be on your right.
Thursday Classes: 7 PM – 9 PM ● Saturday Classes: 9 AM – 11 AM
Program Coordinator: Scott Schilling. Scott41017@yahoo.com ¨ 859-816-4241